Sunday, October 31, 2010

Midtown Bazaar in Sacramento

The best part of going to Craft Shows / Bazaars besides hanging out with my son is meeting new people and local vendors (in my opinion). I don't really need the money, that's just a bonus (I'm very fortunate in that manner). I realize others do need the money and so, I always try to buy something from the people that call it there second income, I appreciate and DO help support handmade.

In going to the Midtown Bazaar in Sacramento for the first time yesterday, I will admit I was nervous because I have been burnt by quite a few people who call themselves Event Coordinators.. These people are eager to take your money and invite no one to the show, hell, they don't even show up... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! Anyhow, back to my point..... I was a bit nervous in going to the Midtown Bazaar in Sac, but Sabrina assured me she would do anything it took to make me comfortable and as a vendor. I felt like I was appreciated and not victimized!! She came through!!! She is one of the most pleasant, dynamic, and truthful people I've met in a while when it comes to shows. It's her and Julie Morales (Napa Downtown Assn. Event Coordinator) that make this (being a vendor) all a pleasant ride!!! Thanks to you two women!! YOU ROCK!!

I also met quite a few very nice people at the Midtown Bazaar too!! What a bunch of very creative people, everyone was so welcoming and I look forward to more experiences at The Midtown Bazaar!! P.S. I loved all the costumes!!!!! :) I also met Lisa Kewish, what a very creative woman and full of great ideas, here's a link to her blog: http://www.militantartisan.blogspot.com/ , she has a great attitude and sees a lot of the same issues with craft shows I do. We all see the same problem: people come in with thier Chinese made items, claim they are handmade and under bid the person who actually handmade their items. We work so hard to make it.. I feel defeated sometimes!!!!. THIS SUCKS!!! And it should be left to the Flea Markets...


That's what I think... What do you think?
Thanks for listening!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Gorgeous!
    Thanks for the mention and posting links!

    Looking forward to working shows with you and getting to know you! :D

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wholeheartedly agree!!! Love the Midtown Bazaar (and Lisa Kewish!)...we have volunteered to get a weekly newsletter going out to all the vendors that will feature the different artisans that make up the bazaar, a schedule of what will be happening each week, weather updates, etc... We welcome you to our little family and will see you on the 6th!

    Sharon and North Marques
    Jewelry by North

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the awesome comment Sharon, I am glad I'm not the only one who feels the way I do about Midtown Bazaar and all the wonderful people there. I look forward to reading your weekly newsletter and if you ever need help with that I would love to help. I'm not much of a writer but I can help in other ways.

    I look forward to meeting you two on Saturday,
    Take care, Beth (Passionstylz)

    ReplyDelete